Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WHEN DID U FIRST FALL IN LOVE WITH HIP-HOP

As I sit at work in this cold steel building drawing and designing away, I can't help but to groove to the tunes that are flowing through my headphones. I've gone through eminem, jay-z and now the impeccable Lauryn Hill. AND THEN, this song comes on, it reminds me of why I fell in love with hip-hop and most importantly Lauryn Hill. Keep It Tight! I remember back in the days when my Aunt had all the tightest hip-hop cds out. She had this one mixtape by DJ Scribble and I remember on that cd there was this one song by this female mc named Lauryn Hill. I swear I played that song to death. I think I went as far as recording onto a tape so I could play it all day. It was true Love. Unarguably she is and forever will be the tightest female mc/vocalist, hands down! She fed us great music and left us at her peak. It angered me, though, now looking back on it, I think I can understand why. Never give people too much of something because they may be unable to handle it and in turn uninterested. NAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! In all honesty it was that dread N*gga that messed her mind up. SMH!

This is why I fell in Love with Hip-Hop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD94z-nqSgo

No comments:

Post a Comment